Welder - TIG (R1428) - $2,500 Sign-on/Retention Bonus!!
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does. The TIG Welder position is responsible for the reading and interpreting prints, drawings, weld symbols, and working within tight tolerances on aluminum and stainless steel. Welders are required to pass weld tests to the AWS and Military codes. FVMT utilizes Miller and Lincoln welding equipment.
Work in an air conditioned facility with excellent air quality, a great group of people. Currently offering a $2,500 hiring (sign-on/retention) bonus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products
- Ability to read work orders, instructions, formulas, or processing charts to ensure precise and accurate welding in agreement with the customer’s design
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances
- Maintain welding equipment in good working order, to keep the equipment free of debris and perform proper maintenance
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports.
- Maintain clean equipment/tools and work area
- Notify supervisor when work received does not meet the specifications required. Follow all relative ISO 9000 procedures
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Able to work 1st shift, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM (Department is currently working an additional 1-2 hours overtime per day.)
- Perform all other duties as assigned (ex.- occasional parts prep)
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years' experience with GTAW welding process (TIG welding) is desired, or…
- An Associate Degree in a technical area or a 1 year welding certificate program with 1+ years TIG welding experience is required.
- Experience welding thin gauge materials and aluminum is desired.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fabricate from manufacturing and/or customer provided blueprints to meet welding specifications.
- Ability to accurate read weld symbols and pass all weld tests is required.
- Accurate and reliable measuring skills.
- Ability to weld within tight tolerances.
- Ability to communicate properly with team members and staff at all levels in order to manufacture a high quality product.