30+ Years of Success & Growth
Fox Valley Metal Tech was founded with a vision of quality and manufacturing efficiency that would make our customers successful. The many years of making our customers successful has provided much success to Fox Valley Metal Tech, growing from a 10,000 sq. ft. facility in 1989 to a 110,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility.
The need to expand the business was driven by our customers that had become accustomed to our quality and efficiencies. Automation and new technology were embraced by the company leaders to take advantage of the efficiencies. Multiple plant expansions in 1994, 1996, 2001, 2005, and 2008 supported the growth of the business. Fox Valley Metal Tech announced that it is expanding its Green Bay, Wisconsin-based facility to accommodate growth and increase its precision metal fabrication, assembly, and finishing capabilities for its military and commercial customers. The new addition to the current facility is expected to be completed in April 2022. The additional 74,800 square feet of building space is bringing the total footprint of the facility to more than 175,000 square feet.
In 2004 Fox Valley Metal Tech was acquired by a private investment group including two of the original founders. Multiple investments have been made since then with the same vision the company was founded on. Investment in people and processes were also made and in 2005 Fox Valley Metal Tech became ISO 9000-2000 certified. Fox Valley Metal Tech has continued the ISO 9000 certification process with recertifications to 2008 and 2015 standards.
Fox Valley Metal Tech has received recognition for the skills and capabilities of our employees. Following is a partial list of awards or acts of recognition:
- Nominated Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year in 2007 and 2008
- Awarded Federal Supplier of the Year in 2010
- Employee Awards by North East Wisconsin Manufacturing Alliance – All Star Awards in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Awarded Green Bay Chamber Distinguished Manufacturer Award in 2015
- Outstanding Safety Performance Award by Acuity for 5 years straight 2013 to 2018.
- General Atomics Supplier Performance Award in 2016.
Fox Valley Metal Tech’s ability to provide excellent quality has lead to doing work for many defense related customers with a concentration in the shipbuilding industry. Our recognition has included visits by Government representatives including Congressmen, Senators, Governor, and the President of the United States, George Bush in 2006.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech believes that how we behave at work represents our core values and culture. Our core values and culture are as important to the organization as the quality products we supply to our customers. The six core values listed below
represent what FVMT would like all to daily live and work by.
- Challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted.
- Identify root causes beyond treating symptoms.
- Explore and willingly share ideas for improvement.
- To communicate matters with full disclosure of facts and information.
- Admit to mistakes.
- Communications are truthful and not meant to deceive.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Understanding that everyone is important, that their position is valued, and they
- should be treated that way.
- We appreciate the hard work that is accomplished by all.
- We are grateful for our jobs and the means they provide.
- A strong partnership creates success for our customers and our team.
- Listen to understand each other to achieve change.
- Willingness to compromise through thoughtful consideration and understanding.
- To do what is right in all cases for our employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Will conduct ourselves in a legal, ethical, and fair manner.