Saw Operator 2nd Shift ($5.00/hour Shift Premium) (R1487)
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The Saw Operator will work in an air-conditioned shop and, on top of receiving market-leading compensation, also receive a $5.00/hour shift premium. This position also allows for a 4-10’s schedule, Monday – Thursday.
Safety and efficiency are key to this role. The position is defined as below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up saw, cut and trim angle, bar/round stock, channel, tubing and various other raw materials to be used for manufacturing and fabrication process.
- Check the pick list for material type, thickness, and size to determine which saw and blades are required.
- Examine products and verify conformance to specifications before delivering parts to proper work centers.
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances.
- Maintain proper working conditions of cutting equipment and company tools.
- Clean equipment/tools and work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports.
- Notify supervisor when material received does not meet the required specifications.
- Follow all related ISO 9000 procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. A technical college, postsecondary certificate program is a plus.
- 1-5 years of precision-based industrial saw experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, maintenance and repair is required. Knowledge of the raw materials being cut is a plus.
- Reading, writing, and math skills commensurate with position is required.
- Competency reading blueprints is required on a daily basis.
- Experience successfully working alone as well as in a team setting.
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to project needs in completion of one's own responsibilities.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.