Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The Quality Inspector position performs a variety of inspections of fabricated metal product made from varying grades of aluminum, stainless steel and mild steel.
- Perform a variety of parts and product inspections to meet company and customer requirements
- Inspect incoming sub out parts
- Document results of inspections (written/photo etc.)
- Gather data and create reports for customers
- Communicate quality discrepancies to shop supervisors
- Maintain material certifications and inspection documentation
- Maintain calibration control for all IMTE inventory
- Perform inspections to ISO standards
- Notify management of need for CWI
- Ability to use basic measurement tools (combination square, protractor, caliper, etc.)
- Assist with sub out process – request purchase order, tag, and document count
- Label nonconforming parts
- Read blueprints to insure fabricated product meets specifications
- Maintain calibration control for all inventory
- Follow all safety procedures
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Education & Experience:
- An Associate's Degree in Quality Control Technology from an accredited college, or 3+ years proven inspection experience in lieu of an associate's degree is required.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience working as an inspector in a close tolerance, custom metal manufacturing business is desired.
- Experience in a metal forming, machining, and or welding environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in blueprint reading.
- Use of precision measurement equipment is required.
- General machining and welding knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of metals and raw materials along with the understanding of production processes, quality control, and costs of manufacturing is a plus.