Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The Quality Assistant position is responsible for supporting inspection and quality operations for effective processing and storage of inspection documentation and quality data packets.
Functions and Responsibilities:
· Scan, organize and save quality inspection documentation
· Review materials for completeness, accuracy and correct format
· Maintain filing system and naming convention for quality records
· Assist with quality data packet preparation and distribution using a checklist
· Submit quality data packet by electronic upload or hardcopy and communicate when completed
· Prepare quality data reports and presentations for the quality and project management departments, and provide general support to both for quality data packets
· Communicate quality alerts to employee group
· Assist with first article inspection reviews as requested
· Monitor and report on the daily status of the material review board log
· Adhere to ISO and quality procedures
· Provide quality information by answering questions and requests
· Work effectively in a team environment
· Support FVMT continuous improvement initiatives
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager
· A technical college certificate or associates degree with 2 years administrative assistant experience is preferred.
· In lieu of a technical certificate or associates degree, a high school diploma with 4 + years administrative assistance experience is required.
· Experience supporting departments in a manufacturing environment is a plus
· Ability to dependably deliver quality work product with high attention to detail
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as travelers, ISO procedures, First Article Inspections safety rules, customer instructions and procedure manuals
· Ability to read and comprehend worker logs, product processing sheets and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
· Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal instructions is required
· Ability to effectively work independently as well as cohesively in a team with a variety of employees
· Proven experience in analyzing information and providing deductive reasoning
· Demonstrated sound organizational and problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required
· Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Frequently: sit, grasp/hold, fine manipulation of both hands
· Occasionally: reach at shoulder, lift/carry, and walk
· Seldom: stand, reach below shoulder, reach above shoulder
Percent of job performed per Hours Worked:
0% - 15% Seldom
16% - 33% Occasionally
34% - 65% Moderate
66% - up Frequently
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.