Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
· Responsible for coordinating and distributing information on projects with peers, managers, suppliers, and customer.
· Serve as primary technical point of contact for assigned projects for FVMT and Customer.
· Support manufacturing team with clarification on customer requirements included in the drawing or supporting documentation supplied with the order.
· Manage and meet customer deliverables and expectations throughout a project.
· Build, develop, and grow customer relations vital to assigned projects.
· Develop, use, and maintain needed project reports including but not limited to schedule status on projects and parts, estimated cost to complete, open order status, manufacturing line of balance.
· Professionally solve project issues in a team environment. Work with the customer as well as FVMT team members to resolve and communicate accordingly.
· Support and assist Estimating and Planning departments with providing manufacturing task information and feedback as needed.
· Support Estimating and Planning departments with work duration and labor estimates for part modifications as needed.
· Technically support sales team for written proposals to customers.
· Coordinate, monitor, and communicate the progress of projects in relation to schedule, compliance, achievements, and concerns
· Prepare and present progress reports for customers and FVMT management.
· Coordinate and manage related project inspections with customers (CSI) and government (GSI).
· Manage customer’s request for Return Authorization and coordinates with other departments to ensure RMA process is used.
· Identifies inefficient operations, processes, procedures and recommend alternatives.
· Analyzes actual costs and provide feedback to the teams with variance input compared to the estimate.
· Support customer visits.
· Support third party manufacturing services being performed in FVMT facility including services like welding, NDT, and specialty services.
· Perform special projects or assignments outside of the above responsibilities when assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required in Manufacturing Technology or other manufacturing related degree. In lieu of a college degree, proven work experience may be substituted.
· Minimum three-year experience in estimating, project coordination and/or inside sales in manufacturing is required
· Engineering experience in a custom sheet metal fabrication business is desired
· Familiarity with fabrication and machining specifications preferred
· Proven ability to effectively solve project issues.
· Knowledge of metals and raw materials along with the understanding of production processes, quality control, and costs of manufacturing is a plus.
· Work experience in a team environment.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) preferred
· Accurate manufacturing blueprint reading experience required
· Ability to view and understand drawings in AutoCAD and SolidWorks desired
· Working knowledge of American Welding Society and Military welding procedures and specifications preferred.
· PMP education is preferred.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Great people, great work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.