Press Brake Operator (R1485)
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
Operate press brake machine to produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the engineered drawings. Person must be able to successfully work alone as well as in a team setting. Safety and efficiency are key to this role. The position is defined as below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, operate, and manage press brake machines to crimp, notch, bend, and/or straighten metal material; as specified by blueprints, drawings, templates, and/or layouts
- Read, interpret, and work from complex blueprints, CAD drawings, and written specification listings
- Select proper punches and dies to complete the product in accordance to forming program
- Load programs, set up correct tooling, and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment
- Provide a high level of attention to detail and focus on the given task or product
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts, and properly document such non-conformances
- Practice and follow all quality at the source procedures
- Uphold all Fox Valley Metal-Tech and OSHA safety standards
- Maintain safe and clean workspace, equipment, and tools
- Follow all company rules, policies, and quality standards
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members
- Perform other jobs as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or GED Required.
- Manufacturing experience and or a technical certificate is preferred
- Ability to read blueprints, flat layouts, and understanding of engineered specified tolerances as required
- Knowledge of press brakes, associated tooling, and raw materials is preferred.
- Ability to distinguish material types including, but not limited to: Aluminum, Steel, and Stainless steel
- Basic skills in reading, writing, and shop mathematics
- Computer skills and ISO experience is preferred
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to learn and grow in a technically diverse environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Ability to lift anywhere from 5 - 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
To be considered for this great opportunity, please visit www.fvmt.com/jobs.php today.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.