Paint Quality Specialist (R1483)
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The Paint Quality Specialist role is to monitor paint department processes for compliance to paint specifications and procedures to ensure product quality meets customer requirements. Your duties include developing, testing, and implementing process improvements to optimize time expenditures with use of wet-spray paint systems and various applicator products.
- Monitor all aspects of the paint process for adherence to department procedures and individual customer specifications
- Ensures the systems, processes, controls, work efficiently with established requirements
- Review paint specifications for new work
- Complete development of paint routers for new procedures
- Complete in process quality checks
- Complete post-process product inspections and associated documentation
- Investigates root cause of operating problems to develop and implement corrective actions
- Investigate and resolve quality problems and issues as they arise in area.
- Propose and support continuous improvement initiatives that effect product quality prior to the painting process and in the paint department
- Understand the application a variety of coatings including enamels, epoxies, urethanes and military coatings from various paint manufacturers
- Read and comprehend documents such as fabrication drawings, project plans and specifications
- Inspect outgoing parts to insure they meet customers standards
- Accurately document and record all required data needed to comply with each specification, including but not limited to part preparation (cleaning, masking, whole plugging) and paint application requirements
- Maintain safety awareness and support implementation of prevention initiatives.
- Adhere to ISO procedure qualifications
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Preferred but not required is an associate degree a with 3 -5 years’ painting experience in a wet paint environment.
- 3 + years’ operational or inspection experience in a production paint line and related processes
- Experience with spray painting in an industrial setting a plus.
- Familiarity with industrial coatings is a plus.
- Experience in a department of Defense or Aviation standard manufacturing environment is preferred but not required.
- Consistent quality technique, dependable performance and skilled attention to detail.
- Physically able to wear respirators and protective equipment to on a regular basis as part of the sanding, priming and painting process is required.
- Working knowledge of the following: measuring equipment; wet MIL thickness gauges, dry MIL thickness gauges, Zahn cups, urethanes and epoxies
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong root cause evaluation skills and the ability to problem solve
- Strong problem solving, root cause analysis and technical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and engineering documents.
- Ability to read and comprehend worker logs, product processing sheets and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate quality records is required.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as a team member.
- Product and manufacturing blueprint reading is required.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: The employee is regularly required to walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hand and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Great people, great work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.