Metal Finisher (R1486)
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
- Set up, operate, and maintain various types of finishing equipment including CNC grinders, sand and bead-blasters, polishers and mixers
- Interpret and work from complex drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts, and properly document such non-conformances
- Notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators
- Maintain lubricating oils and cutting fluids to proper levels in machines
- Utilize small hand tools to remove metal shavings from the interior and exterior of machined parts. Return all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and to maintain a clean work area
- Follow all relative ISO 9001:2015 procedures
- Responsible for some assembly
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit report
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Perform other jobs as assigned by supervisor
- A Technical Certificate/Diploma from a technical college in a subset of metal fabrication is required. In lieu of a technical certificate/diploma a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of grinding tools, including their use and maintenance, as well as knowledge of the raw materials being used is required.
- Competency reading blueprints and shop math skills
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.