Manufacturing Engineer (R1488)
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
Pivotal to the manufacturing team, the Manufacturing Engineer should have expertise in a range of different manufacturing processes, writing and managing process documentation and the ability to work with a 3D CAD software. The goal is to achieve the most efficient, cost effective and high-quality production as possible by applying such state-of-the art technology to meet increasingly competitive business needs.
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop efficient processes that result in high-quality custom metal fabrications. Responsibilities revolve around knowing requirements for each customer project and determining the most efficient operations based on these requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineer needs to have good project management ability, commitment to quality, as well as familiarity with safety and environmental standards.
- Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes based on quality criteria and customer requirements.
- Understand production and machine requirements vital to manufacturing components.
- Define shop floor space requirements and workflow for project work.
- Develop and maintain work instructions.
- Design and verify welding fixtures.
- Drive continuous improvements to completion and sustain said processes.
- Communicate to staff customer expectations and updates to existing processes
- Assist with design reviews for cost effective manufacturing
- Evaluate existing customer jobs, processes, and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Create processes and procedures to help projects meet budgetary and performance goals.
- Assist with design review for root cause analysis of non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Must be able to communicate and problem solve in a reasonable, respectful, and professional manner with entire FVMT team.
- Adhere to FVMT Quality Management System.
- Facilitate engineering change orders and quality documentation between FVMT and customer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree and experience in a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in a regulated, high-volume or job shop manufacturing environment required.
- Secondary process experience (welding, machining, metal finishing or assembly) is a plus.
- 3D modeling using SolidWorks is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and fixture design.
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality control processes.
- Knowledge and understanding health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Solid project and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to analyze blueprints, tolerance and design parts utilizing 3D software.
- Ability to work with a diverse team at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to understand weld instructions and apply knowledge to reduce or eliminate issues by improving documentation.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.