CNC Machinist 2nd Shift (R1449) - $4,000 Sign-on/Retention Bonus!
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The Machinist will work in an air conditioned shop and, on top of receiving market-leading compensation, also receive a $4,000 HIRING (Sign-on/Retention) BONUS and $5.00/hour shift premium for 2nd shift. Good people, good work, great environment!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, operate, and run CNC milling machining center
- Interpret and work from complex manufacturing drawings, blue prints and part specifications
- Properly select the correct tooling to complete the machined
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports
- Maintain clean equipment, tools, and work area
- Follow established safety procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work 2nd shift of Monday - Thursday, 3:30 PM - 3:00 AM
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of two years milling machining experience with a precision-based metal fabricator is preferred or...
- Three plus years’ experience in a general CNC machining shop or...
- An Associate Degree in Machining in lieu of the above mentioned experience is required
- Experience with Haas and/or FANUC controls is a plus
- Knowledge of machines and tools, uses, repair and maintenance is required
- Knowledge of the raw materials being used is desired
- Ability to communicate properly with a variety of staff to update, learn, and problem solve, in efforts to machine high quality parts for our customers is required
- Computer skills and ISO experience is a preferred
- Ability to read basic manufacturing blueprints and is required
- Knowledge of Gibbs software or ability to program is a plus, but not required.