Industrial Painter (R1479)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paint surfaces of metal parts using spray painting equipment and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and painting techniques
- Apply a variety of coatings including enamels, epoxies, urethanes and military coatings from various different paint manufactures
- Consistently meet paint thickness requirement
- Mix paint precisely to manufacturer, Fox Valley Metal-Tech, and customer specifications
- Accurately document and record all required data needed to comply with each specification
- Prior to painting, clean and prepare part surfaces as specified to be contamination free
- Inspect parts prior to paint for needed repair, prepping and cleaning
- Mask parts to print notes stating tight tolerances for overspray prevention
- Hang or set-up parts prior to painting
- Inspect parts after painting for needed repairs, proper thickness and general appearance
- Sand, mask, blend and finish to match part’s surrounding areas when completing paint repairs
- Operate spray booth, oven, and ventilation system per specific instructions
- Read and comprehend documents such as, fabrication drawings, cutting orders, bills of material or other project plans, orders or specification in the order
- Properly maintain paint equipment, i.e., spray guns, booth, filters, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education & Experience:
- A high school diploma with 3 years’ spray painting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, a technical college certificate with 2 years’ spray painting experience, or an Associate Degree with 1 year spray painting experience is required.
- Experience with spray painting in an industrial setting a plus.
- Familiarity with industrial coatings is a plus.
- Experience in metal fabrication or parts manufacturing a preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of paint equipment including, gravity, pressure and air assist.
- Understanding of specific paint product capabilities as they relate to the painting processes desired.
- Ability to correct surface areas per customer requirements or metal imperfections preferred
- Consistent quality technique, dependable performance and skilled attention to detail. Ability to distinguish differing primer applications for specific paints.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work independently and in isolation.
- Strong sense of safety and following all safety procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal instructions is required.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination to consistently apply coats of paint is required along with the ability to measure the adjust application to achieve desired results.
- Ability to stand on ladders, crawl, kneel, use a creeper, bend down, and stretch to apply coating on a varying part shapes and sizes is required.
- Specialized Experience: Product and manufacturing blueprint reading is desired. Basic computer skills and data entry skills required.