Human Resources Generalist
Fox Valley Metal-Tech (FVMT) is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The Human Resources Generalist position is responsible for supporting FVMT in the areas of benefits administration, recruitment, safety and training/development along with other generalist tasks.
- Facilitate the recruitment processes including posting open positions using a variety of mediums such as internal and external web sites, professional organizations, social media platforms, etc. Source and interview candidates. Utilize temporary and contract-to-direct hire services as appropriate.
- Ensure recruitment processes and standards are applied consistently.
- Interview and assess candidates appropriately. Lead the function for the interview team.
- Participate in job fairs as needed.
- Maintain applicant tracking.
- Process new hire paperwork.
- Coordinate and complete new team member onboarding activities such as training safe work practices training, time keeping procedures, introducing new employees to organizational policies, procedures and benefits.
- Coordinate training activities to maximize the effectiveness of new and existing employees.
- Provide support to site operations in the development of new training materials as it relates to new initiatives.
- Work with department supervisors to develop curriculum that best serves the training needs of their department.
- Record monthly FVMT training activities in database; includes tracking and reporting-out training achievements.
- Assist in administering FVMT employee benefit programs.
- Complete benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Serve as a contact and resource for employees regarding health insurances issues, questions, and concerns.
- Investigate and respond to employees’ insurance inquiries in a timely manner.
- Build professional working relationship with insurance providers to properly assist employees.
- Assist with communication and educating employees on benefits and wellness programs.
- Assists Plant Manager and Director of Human Resources with safety programs and procedures.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge to support FVMT continuous improvement safety initiatives.
- Identify training materials needs.
- Work effectively in a team environment to complete HR projects.
- Communicate and problem solve with others in a reasonable and professional manner.
- Coordinate and manage one’s own daily activities.
- Assists in the completion of HR projects.
- Assists in the coordination of company picnic, holiday party, and employee events.
- Maintain personnel files
For more information, please visit https://www.fvmt.com today.
Fox Valley Metal Teach is an affirmative action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protects Veterans and other Persons with Disabilities.