Fabrication Assembly Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble parts/pieces/products to specification in preparation to ship completed product
- Drill holes in aluminum product using electric, hand-held drill.
- Read and interpret customer provided and manufacturing blueprints, sketches and written instructions
- Able to remember and follow set work procedures
- Fit, mount, align, and adjust large to small assemblies to customer specification
- Visually inspect parts/pieces as they are being assembled
- Ensure functional and aesthetic quality of product
- Complete responsibilities so final delivery dates are met to the customer
- Able to accurately read a variety of measuring devices
- Ability to operate forklift and gantry crane safely
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Adhere to ISO standards
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools as well as pneumatic tools
- Basic reading/writing/math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. An associate’s degree in related area is a plus.
- 2+ years working with technical blueprints, drawings, or layouts required
- Experience working with tools is a must
- Prior experience assembling parts or machinery or building to blueprints is preferred
- Experience successfully working alone as well as in a team setting
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to project needs in completion of one's own responsibilities
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively in a team setting with a variety of employees
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal instructions is required.
- Proven ability to effectively work through and solve related issues.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of parts.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time; 8-10 hours per shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
Employee is required to supply an array of basic hand tools to complete their assigned work. List of needed tools will be provided.