Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed sales estimates including labor and material requirements
- Review and ensure all requirements of the customer request are being met or addressed in the quote response
- Communicate workload and when estimates can be completed
- Defines how parts and assemblies will be manufactured
- Prepare and submit quotations by analyzing customer inquiries and requirements.
- Identifies outsourced services and associated costs
- Develops and maintains standard labor metrics for all operations in the manufacturing process
- Analyzes actual costs to validate estimating standards
- Communicates written proposals to customers and/or submits to sales for final submission to customer
- Develop, use, and maintain estimating, delivery, and project reports
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that are causing extra time to work through in the department
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Support and/or drive FVMT continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- BS or Associate degree in a manufacturing, engineering or similar. (In lieu of degree, proven work experience in metal fabrication industry with hands on operation of multiple fabrication processes, specifically in welding, machining, press brake, finishing, and painting operations may be substituted.)
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a metal fabrication environment with demonstrated knowledge of machining and metal fabrication processes required.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes including cold and band saws, shears, laser cutting, water jet cutting, press brake forming, deburring and finishing, machining, welding and assembly.
- Knowledge of part inspection processes including required equipment including CMM and Faro Arm, and non-destructive inspection processes like dye penetrant, magnetic particle, and x-ray.
- Additional knowledge in painting – wet and powder, thermal spray, heat treating, chemical coatings and other metal working processes including stamping, roll forming, pipe bending and others is a plus.
- Understanding of customer relations and specific function capabilities as they relate to metal fabrication process is desired.
- Familiarity with defense related requirements such as ITAR, Flow Down Requirements, and Certificates of Conformance is preferred.
- Must possess strong communication & decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
- Proficiency in an ERP systems
- INFOR (SyteLine) preferred.
- Ability to read both product and manufacturing blue prints.
- Ability to view drawings in AutoCAD and SolidWorks required.
- Working knowledge of AWS and Military welding procedures and specifications preferred.