Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
The ideal candidate will possess good self-management skills, well rounded thinking, confidence without arrogance, a collaborative approach to working with others and the ability to work under pressure and timelines associated with the daily life in a purchasing department.
· Submit purchase orders for vendor pricing/delivery quotes
· Create purchase orders and flow down the proper associated requirements to suppliers
· Track purchase order acknowledgements
· Expedite orders to support production demand for materials, goods and services
· Maintain the status of open orders reporting
· Elevate issues affecting existing orders as well as orders needing to be placed
· Communicate when delivery time expectations cannot be met
· Complete reporting requirements as defined by supervisor
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with new and existing suppliers
· Enter and maintain vendor account information in the business management/ERP system
· Follow-up and address issues regarding supplier pricing of associated products
· Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues that are causing extra time to work through in the department
· Work effectively by oneself as well as in a team environment
· Adhere to ISO procedure qualifications
· Contribute to and support continuous improvement initiatives
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
· A bachelor’s degree in supply chain or inventory management is preferred
· An associated degree with 2+ years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
· 1 + years buying/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
· Experience in a metal manufacturing/fabrication business is desired
· Knowledge of metal and fabrication materials including, but not limited to fasteners, hardware, metal finishes, chemical compositions, and physical properties for mechanical use
· Knowledge of applied coatings and chemical treatments is a plus
· Understanding of vendor relations and specific function capabilities as they relate to metal fabrication process is desired
· Familiarity with defense related requirements such as ITAR, Flow Down Requirements, and Certificates of Conformance is preferred
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver targeted solutions is required
· Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel are required.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system; Infor Cloud Suite Industrial (SyteLine) preferred
· Manufacturing blueprint reading experience desired.
· Have worked in a Metal Fabrication environment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Frequently: sit, grasp/hold, fine manipulation of both hands
· Occasionally: reach at shoulder, lift/carry, and walk
· Seldom: stand, reach below shoulder, reach above shoulder
Percent of job performed per Hours Worked:
0% - 15% Seldom
16% - 33% Occasionally
34% - 65% Moderate
66% - up Frequently
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.