2nd Shift Supervisor
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, the second shift supervisor is responsible for working closely with all second shift manufacturing employees. This role will consist of 50% of their time working directly in a skilled trade and 50% of their time providing Supervisory support.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Interpret and work from complex manufacturing drawings, blueprints, and part specifications
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances.
- Communicate and problem solve with others in a reasonable and professional manner and work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain clean equipment, tools, and work area, follow established safety procedures, and ensure that all safety and ISO 9000 procedures are being followed.
- Manage, develop, mentor, and train employees.
- Direct and coordinate 2nd shift production activities to maximize equipment and manpower efficiencies.
- Work with Scheduling Department and FVMT scheduling system for production needs based on due dates and maintain 2nd shift machining department on-time delivery performance metrics.
- Communicate with Scheduling Department to expedite job orders and resolve concerns including quality, specifications, and internal delivery deadlines.
- Coordinate the daily activities of 2nd shift production staff to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Carry out written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions and appropriately solve problems.
- Guide team in best/proper use of a variety of manufacturing processes.
- Monitor, identify and request the purchasing of materials, etc. required to meet production machining needs.
- Provide manufacturing instruction that ensures work is being performed in accordance to the job requirements requested by customer.
- Provide support to maintenance technicians in the upkeep of equipment.
- Ability to work 2nd shift of Monday - Thursday, 2:30 PM - 2:00 AM
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Seven plus years’ experience in manufacturing. Preferred fields of welding and/or CNC machining.
- Three plus years of supervisory experience. Preferably in a metal fabrication environment.
- Experience with Haas and/or FANUC controls is a plus.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, uses, repair and maintenance is required.
- Knowledge of the raw materials being used is required.
- Ability to communicate properly with a variety of staff to update, learn, and problem solve, in efforts to machine high quality parts for our customers is required.
- Computer proficiency including MS Word/Excel and ISO experience is a preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Frequently: stand, reach below shoulder, reach above shoulder
- Occasionally: reach at shoulder, lift/carry, and walk
- Seldom: sit, grasp/hold, fine manipulation of both hands
Percent of job performed per Hours Worked:
0% - 15% Seldom
16% - 33% Occasionally
34% - 65% Moderate
66% - up Frequently
To learn more about this great opportunity, please visit https://www.fvmt.com today.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today! Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.