Paint Prep Technician
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
- Clean and prepare part surfaces as specified to be contamination free
- Inspect parts prior to paint for needed repair, prepping and cleaning
- Mask parts and plug holes to print notes stating tight tolerances for overspray prevention
- Hang or set-up parts prior to painting
- Read and comprehend documents such as, fabrication drawings, cutting orders, bills of material or other project plans, orders or specification in the order
- Knowledge of and adherence to hazardous waste procedures, such as but not limited to, where to store, how to label and what to do in case of a spill
- Adhere to ISO procedure qualifications
- Report to supervisor on quality concerns
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in the prepping and painting process
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Support and/or drive FVMT continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma with experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with spray painting in an industrial setting a plus
- Familiarity with industrial coatings is a plus
- Experience in metal fabrication or parts manufacturing a preferred
- Consistent, quality technique, dependable performance and skilled attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively as a team member
- Strong sense of safety and following all safety procedures
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal instructions is required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination to consistently mask parts and plug holes for painting, along with the ability to accurately measure areas for masking to achieve desired results.
- Ability to stand on ladders, kneel, bend down, and stretch to apply masking tape on a varying part shapes and sizes is required.
- Physically able to wear protective equipment to on a regular basis as part of the sanding and prepping process is required.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to read and comprehend product processing and specification sheets to verify that records adhere to customer specifications.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required
- Product and manufacturing blueprint reading is desired.
- Basic computer skills and data entry skills required.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today! Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.