2nd Shift Boring Bar Operator - $4,000 Sign-on/$5.00 Shift Differential!
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
FVMT is looking for a detailed focused person with the ability to complete large machined parts on large boring bar for product to continue on in the fabrication process. The 2nd Shift Boring Bar Operator also receives an additional $5.00/hr., as well as a $4,000 sign-on/retention bonus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, operate, and tend to the Toshiba boring bar machine center and equipment
- Operate machine through user friendly Tosnuc 888 CNC control center
- Read, interpret and work from complex blue prints, CAD drawings, and written specification listings
- Select the correct tooling to complete the machining of each part
- Read G-code in proper cutting operation of the boring bar
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances
- Responsible to record an accurate log of job times
- Able to accurately read a variety of measuring devices
- Complete responsibilities in time allotted to keep product flowing in shop remember and follow set work procedures
- Maintain clean equipment/tools and work area
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members
- Adhere to ISO standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A CNC Machining technical diploma or other postsecondary program in precision machining is required, or...
- In lieu of a technical diploma, a combination of education and experience may be substituted with knowledge of machines and tooling; including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance, as well as knowledge of the raw materials being machined.
- 1+ years large CNC boring bar machining experience, reading and working with technical blueprints, CAD drawings, or layouts is required
- Computer skills and ISO experience is a preferred
- Know and be able to read G-code is required
- CNC programming experience is a plus but not required
- Reading, writing, and math skills commensurate with position is required
- Experience successfully working alone as well as in a team setting
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to project needs in completion of one's own responsibilitiesFox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.